So I''m sat with my family, my Mum, my brother, my sister and of course my beautiful dog and I've realized that if anyone walked in right now and sat with my family, they would think we hate each other! And I'm sure that would be exactly the same for most families out there.
In my case, my family spend the majority of the conversation insulting eachother or just simply being rude. For example, I cannot ask my brother a question without him rudely shouting, "SHUT UP!!" This might seem so rude and horrible but because I know him, and I know he is kidding I can just shout back at him. However if my brother did that to someone outside of the family, he would very quickly be punched in the face.
Another thing that I've realized most families do is nicknames.....both good and bad nicknames.
Most of the time my mum won't call us by our actually names she will call us something that has just randomly appeared over the years, for example she calls my baby sister Button, my little brother Big Button (which if you saw my brother you would understand this name) and I'm nicknamed Shiny Button for some complete random reason (or to my brother and sister I'm Ugly Button - that's love right there). But other than these silly button nicknames we all have our own nicknames for eachother.
Like me - Kiwi....this started as the nickname my dad gave me because it kinda of sounds like Kyra....kind of.....
Or I will call my sister Smeg...which has only recently been pointed out to me as a bad thing....
But anyway...I would just like to know about any of my readers family traits, wierd nicknames that you and your family share!
So email me at asplashofkiwi@gmail.com so we can share together. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment